Traffic restrictions are being lifted in construction zones across the state today, just in time for the Memorial Day holiday.
Lane restrictions will be lifted in 121 construction zones beginning at 3 this afternoon, in anticipation of the 1.1 million motorists who are expected to travel this weekend.
But another 62 projects will still have some restrictions in place, according to the Michigan Department of Transportation.
Below is a list of traffic restrictions that will remain in place this weekend.
- I-75 southbound bridges over Mackinac Trail and the Carp River, Mackinac County, will have one lane open.
- M-28 at the Presque Isle Bridge, Gogebic County, will have one lane of alternating traffic controlled by a temporary signal.
- M-129 between M-80 and 10 Mile Road, Chippewa County, will be closed to through-traffic. The Charlotte River Bridge is closed with traffic detoured on M-80, Gaines Highway, I-75 and M-28.
- US-2 in Crystal Falls, Iron County, will have traffic controlled by a temporary signal.
- US-2 in Rapid River, Delta County, will have one lane open in each direction at the US-41 intersection.
- US-41 in Marquette, Marquette County, will have one lane open in each direction, with Front Street closed. Access to downtown Marquette will be maintained on Grove Street.
- US-41 in Menominee, Menominee County, will have through-traffic detoured on 30th Avenue and 13th Street.
Northern Lower Peninsula
- M-32 Business Spur in the village of Hillman, Montmorency County, will have a lane shift with a temporary bridge.
- US-10 from US-131 to the Lake County line, Osceola County, will have shoulder closures.
- US-23 will have a lane shift from French Road to Hamilton Road, Alpena County.
- I-196 between US-131 and Fuller Avenue in Grand Rapids, Kent County, will be reduced to one lane in each direction to College Avenue. Eastbound I-196 is closed between College and Fuller. Westbound I-196 is closed between College and Ottawa avenues. Coit Avenue over I-196 will be reduced to one southbound lane. Eastern Avenue over I-196 is closed. The following ramps will be closed: northbound US-131 to eastbound I-196; Michigan Street to eastbound I-196; College Avenue to westbound I-196 and eastbound I-196; and Fuller Avenue to westbound I-196.
- M-21 over the Flat River in downtown Lowell, Kent County, will be reduced to one eastbound lane. Westbound M-21 is closed and detoured on local streets.
- M-21 between M-66 and Lovell Street in the city of Ionia, Ionia County, will be closed with a posted detour.
- US-31 Business Route (BR) over the south branch of the Muskegon River (known locally as "The Spider Web") in the city of Muskegon, Muskegon County. Northbound US-31 BR (outbound traffic) is closed to US-31, with two lanes remaining open to M-120.
- I-94 at Westnedge Avenue in Kalamazoo/Portage, Kalamazoo County, will have two lanes maintained in each direction. The following ramps are closed: westbound I-94 to southbound Westnedge Avenue; eastbound I-94 to southbound Westnedge Avenue; eastbound I-94 to northbound Westnedge Avenue; northbound Westnedge Avenue to eastbound I-94; and southbound Westnedge Avenue to eastbound I-94.
- I-94 Business Loop through downtown Benton Harbor, Berrien County, will be reduced to one eastbound lane with westbound traffic detoured.
- I-196 over the Paw Paw River at Mile Marker 3, Berrien County, will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- M-40 through downtown Paw Paw, Van Buren County, will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- M-96 bridge over the Kalamazoo River mill race in Augusta, Kalamazoo County, will have one lane open and traffic will be regulated with traffic signals.
- M-222 at Eastern Avenue in Allegan, Allegan County, will be open with traffic maintained using a traffic shift. There is a truck detour in place that will extend through the holiday.
Central Michigan and Thumb
- I-69 from M-15 to M-24 in Genesee and Lapeer counties will have eastbound and westbound traffic shifted onto eastbound lanes with one lane open in each direction.
- I-75 from Hotchkiss Road south to Crane Road in Saginaw and Bay counties will have three lanes maintained in each direction with a traffic shift.
- I-475 southbound lanes in Genesee County will remain open through the holiday weekend. Northbound I-475 will have one lane open from Atherton Road north to I-69.
- I-675 northbound lanes in Saginaw County will remain closed from Exit 2 to Tittabawassee Road. Tittabawassee Road north to the north junction with I-75 will be open.
- M-13 over the Kawkawlin River in Bay County will have one lane maintained in each direction over the bridge.
- M-13 at M-46 in Saginaw County will remain closed with a detour posted.
- M-83 at Dead Creek in between Curtis and Townline roads (just south of Bronner's) in Frankenmuth, Saginaw County, will have one lane alternating in each direction with traffic maintained using temporary traffic signals.
- M-84/I-75 in Bay County will remain closed with a detour posted.
- The Northfield Church Rest Area on southbound US-23, just north of Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County, is closed for reconstruction.
- The ramp from N. Territorial Road to southbound US-23 near Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County, is closed with a detour posted.
- The ramp from Geddes Road to southbound US-23 in Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County, is closed with a detour posted. Also on Geddes Road over US-23, there is one lane maintained eastbound with westbound traffic detoured.
- I-75 near Monroe, Monroe County, has two lanes of traffic maintained in each direction with a traffic shift.
- I-94 at Dettman Road near Jackson, Jackson County. Dettman Road is closed with a detour posted.
- I-94 from Sargent Road to the Jackson/Washtenaw county line has two lanes of traffic maintained in each direction with a traffic shift.
- I-96 from M-100 to M-43 in Clinton and Eaton counties has two lanes of traffic maintained in each direction via median crossovers.
- I-96 from US-127 to Meridian Road in Ingham County has two lanes of traffic maintained in each direction via median crossovers.
- M-43 near Park Lake Road in Meridian Township, Ingham County, has one lane open in each direction with a traffic shift.
- M-52 is closed just south of M-21 in Owosso, Shiawassee County, with a detour posted.
- M-99/M-50 in downtown Eaton Rapids, Eaton County, will have one lane open northbound; southbound traffic detoured.
- Old US-27 over I-69 and the Looking Glass River near DeWitt, Clinton County, has single-lane closures in each direction.
Metro Detroit Region
City of Detroit
- The left lane of northbound I-75 is closed over the Rouge River.
- Eastbound and westbound I-96 single-lane closures between Livernois and Davison avenues.
- Northbound and southbound M-1 (Woodward Avenue) are reduced to a single lane each between Tuxedo and Chandler streets.
- Eastbound and westbound M-8 (Davison Avenue) have a single-lane closure between M-10 (Lodge Freeway) and I-96.
- Westbound M-8 (Davison Freeway) is closed from Conant Avenue to I-75, while eastbound M-8 has a single lane open from I-75 to Conant Avenue for reconstruction. Westbound motorists are detoured north on Conant Avenue to westbound McNichols Road, then southbound I-75 back to westbound M-8.
- Northbound and southbound M-85 (Fort Street) are closed to through-traffic between Oakwood Boulevard and Schaefer Highway.
- The right lanes of northbound and southbound M-85 (Fort Street) are closed at Springwells Avenue.
- Eastbound and westbound US-12 (Michigan Avenue) each have the two right lanes closed between Livernois Avenue and Clark Street.
- Northbound and southbound I-75 have two lanes open each at Nine Mile Road for ongoing reconstruction.
- I-96 has three lanes open in each direction, with a traffic shift and reduced speeds, between Novi and Beck roads. In addition, the ramp from northbound M-5 to westbound I-96 is closed.
- Eastbound and westbound M-59 have two lanes open each via a traffic shift, between Crooks and Ryan roads.
- The M-102 (Eight Mile Road) ramp to northbound M-10 is closed.
- Northbound US-24 (Telegraph Road) has two lanes open from 12 Mile to Maple roads, while southbound US-24 has two lanes open from Long Lake to Maple roads.
- Northbound and southbound US-24 (Telegraph Road) have two lanes open each, between Square Lake and Orchard Lake roads.
- Northbound and southbound US-24 (Telegraph Road) have two lanes open each, between M-102 and I-696.
St. Clair County
- Eastbound and westbound I-94 have a single lane open each via a traffic shift, between Allington Road and St. Clair Highway. The eastbound I-94 exit to Fred Moore Highway is closed.
- The two-lane ramps at the I-94/I-696 interchange are reduced to a single lane.
- The ramp from Ecorse Road to eastbound and westbound I-94 is closed.
- The northbound I-275 ramp to eastbound I-94 is closed.
- Northbound and southbound I-275 have a single lane open each, between Will Carleton Road and I-94.
- Northbound and southbound M-39 (Southfield Road) have two lanes open between I-75 and I-94.
- Eastbound and westbound US-12 (Michigan Avenue) have a single lane open each, between Brady Street and Outer Drive.